Friday, February 6, 2015

Rimmel Stronger Try Harder Double Duty Base Coat - REVIEW!!!!!!

Hello,

I never understood the need of base coat or top coat. I am full conventional, always using things in a bare minimum fashion. Also up until few weeks ago I had never tried glitter nail polishes so when I did I found it was almost impossible to take the glitter polish out even after hours of rubbing my nails.




After like 10 mins I still could see hints of glitter on my nails and I read this article about important of a good base coat and how it prevents your nails from turning yellow or prevent from chipping and healthy growth so I thought to buy myself one. And then I landed on Rimmel Stronger Try Harder Double Duty Base Coat.

Rimmel base coat claims to Strengthen and protect nails from damage. It contains calcium and Keratin in it which strengthens brittle nails. Price: Rs.212 ($3-$4)



My experience: I on purpose used this base coat to see it is easier for glitter polish to come off and yes, it did help in easy removal of glitter chunks. I also do find that it helps in even application with single stroke of nail polish brush.

Cons: 1) It smells so bad, like thinner and it reeks of kerosene or something.

Thats all the cons I can come up with. Ya the drying time is over 1 min but I can make it work. Dont know if it strengthened by nails, only time will tell. For now I am really liking it.

Overall rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment