Friday, March 13, 2015

Loreal Paris True Match BB cream vs. Garnier BB cream -Review/Comparison

Hello everyone, I hope day is treating you well. I am a little free today so decided to post bunch of reviews since I don’t get to do them often. So this specific post is review/ comparison between Loreal True match BB cream vs. Garnier BB cream.


BB cream stands for beauty balms that are slightly liquidy creamy in texture that are for sole purpose of enhancing the look of skin making it more fair, glowing, smooth and moisturize. Imagine combination of moisturizer, foundation and illuminator together and bam! You have your BB cream ready. I like BB creams more than foundation for a lot many reasons:
    1)      Light coverage
    2)      Moisturizer
    3)      Can be used everyday
    4)      Does make my face dry or cakey
I go for foundation only when I need heavy coverage and some special occasion awaits and for the rest of the days BB cream has become a must.

So enough babbling lets dive in the review/comparison.

Garnier BB cream review:

Garnier BB cream comes only in one shade if my facts are right which might seem weird since we all have different skin tone but here is why I like it, you don’t need many shades since it will work as a moisturizer and illuminator without foundation effect. What I mean by that is, its soul purpose is to give our face a fresh look, more dewy like but it has no skin color. Once you pat the cream on your skin, it will quickly absorb in skin give it a glow but no added fairness. You will understand when you see the swatches down below.

The consistency is flowy and application is super easy. It does not dry up as quickly as you put on your skin giving few seconds to pat as required.

Price: Rs 175

Qty: 40 g

Expiry date: 36 months
Packaging is sturdy as well.

Loreal Paris True Match BB cream review:

I have mixed feeling about this cream. Some days I love it others not so much. The consistency is more firm, cream like. It is easy to apply and pat onto the skin. The problem with this cream is sometimes it makes my face looks cakey because it lacks more moisturizing properties and has more foundation properties.
It makes my face look bright, more finished but I have to apply a good amount of moisturizer underneath.

Price: Rs 595

Qty:30 ml

Expiry date: 12 months

It comes in 3 shades,

Cool tone: ivory N1

Neutral: gold G2

Warm tone: honey beige


Comparison:
Garnier BB cream
Loreal True Match BB cream (shade gold: the one I am reviewing)
Pros:
     1)      Price is affordable
     2)      Moisturizing
     3)      Illuminates face giving glow to skin
     4)      Doesn’t make my face cakey
     5)      Don’t need to apply moisturizer underneath
     6)      Makes my skin even toned
Pros:
     1)      More shades are available to choose from
     2)      Makes skin brighter, fairer
     3)      Gives a smooth skin
Cons:

     1)      Only one shade
     2)      Light coverage
     3)      Effect only stays for 4-5hrs
     4)      Need to apply foundation for better coverage
Cons:
  1.         Makes my face cakey sometimes
  2.         Can be drying
  3.        Price high in comparison to other good bb creams
  4.         Need to apply moisturizer underneath

Overall rating: 3.7/5
Overall rating:3.4/5

Again it depends on skin type and personal preference. This is purely my opinion and can differ from person to person.


No comments:

Post a Comment