Saturday, January 17, 2015

REVIEW!!!!!!- TANGLE TEEZER ORIGINAL

Hello to all my beauties out there!!!!

So I am here again with another review for you. Though I said my next review will be on Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Ultra thin 1`` flat iron but due to delay in shipping it is still going to take a day or 2 so until then I have another product that I recently bought online and it arrived yesterday.

Yes it is the Tangle Teezer original brush line brush. I have heard so much about this brush in past but never got around to buy and try it myself. I always thought I would but ended up buying something else instead. Finally I bought one and let’s check out if it actually is worth the hype and the price or you can slide this one away.

I bought mine at Jabong.com (Indian online shopping website), one website that I absolutely love for Rs. 1099 ($17-$18). It is cheapest on Jabong as I always compare prices on various website before purchasing it. So let us start point wise:

  Packaging: The hair brush comes in transparent rectangle shaped box which is convenient to check the color of brush you are buying. Rating: 4/5



Design of Brush: When I received the package and I opened up, honestly, I expected the brush to be a little bigger in size but it is so cute. It is even smaller than my palm so then and there I had doubts that this brush will slip out of my hand anytime it catches a tangle. But it is quite a sturdy little thing and it was able to hold on to my palm for entire hair combing session.
The brush has 2 lengths of bristles, longer once to grab a good amount of hair chunks and smaller once to get even deepest of tangle.
As I start combing I noticed the bristles were able to sort tangles without any tugging or pulling. One complain I have though, for the bristles, they are way too hard which just plunges right into my skull and pokes a little. Maybe that has to do with brush being new and with time maybe the tip of bristle will soften. And while combing bristles of brush makes this horrible screeching sound when in contact to my hair, it feels like a rough cloth washing brush. Rating: 3.5/5


Amount of hair breakage: I slept in a bun for good 6 hours and let me tell you, my hair is thin, kinky with ample amount of frizzes so as soon as I comb my hair new tangles start of form because my hair is very light. So after 24 hours of not combing tangle teezer had some real test infront of it, OMG did it work. My hair breakage reduced by 60% (dry). No kidding you guys. After every pass through my hair I checked the bristle and only 3 times did I notice some hair breakage. Rating: 5/5

WET vs DRY challenge: Okay this is important point for me. I can use a regular comb for my dry hair and somewhat breakage is less comparable to wet hair combing. So I was super curious does it work as well with damp hair as with dry hair. Answer is yes. After I wash my hair, I only use john frieda frizz ease hair serum and a little bit of macadamia no tangle hair spray. I did. First swipe and the brush glided through my hair like my hair have been combed from before (which it wasn’t). Second swipe and yup a little not caught in the way of smooth combing routine. So I continued. Hair breakage reduced by 40% (wet). Overall yes I recommend this brush for damp hair combing. Rating: 4/5

Though don’t use it for blow drying routine. It says right on the box, ‘do not use with heat’.

Final verdict: I approve it for purchase. It works well for thin to medium hair type (don’t know if it will work that well for thick hair texture). All in all a good buy. 
With courtesy of my papa:)

Final rating: 4.5/5 (Reducting .5 for hard bristle tip).


I am so waiting for the Babyliss flat iron. Ahhh..this waiting is haunting.


Until we meet again. Muah…See you soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment