Friday, January 23, 2015

REVIEW: BABYLISS PRO NANO TITANIUM 1'' FLAT IRON

Hello my beauties!!!!!!

How is Friday evening treating you? Well I hope this review picks up your lips into a smile for now. I am here with the review on Babyliss pro Nano titanium flat iron. I finally received it today in afternoon and of course I used then and there. So I will tell you all about it. Sorry if my review might seem a tad longer but I want to inform you about it in depth before you decide to invest on this bad boy.



I bought mine from amazon. I would have bought it from flat iron experts but I was getting a better deal on amazon at that time. But guys if you wanna buy this flat iron I will recommend flatironexperts (Ships only in US) , beautydrama.com (ships worldwide) or grabmore.in (legit and my loved website- ships in India). Though available on ebay etc but if you are investing large amount of money it better be for authentic genuine product.

I bought it for $165 but it has a mini flat iron and hair dryer in its scheme and so I bought it. Important:- It only runs on 120V so make sure if you are plugging it in Indian power supply, use a converter that is available at many electronics outlet. Since I use all US based product I have a step down transformer at home that works upto 2000 Watt .

Okay so let us talk about the hair straightener. First and foremost the flat iron is so light in weight, many a times while straightening I almost pulled my hair down in chunks. You have to be light handed with it. The heat setting goes all the way upto 450 F, with 50 settings to choose from. Now in the instruction guide it said for fine hair use 11-20 heat setting but when I tried at such low heat my fine hair were almost full wavy even after multiple passes, so I increased the heat setting to 40 and even then I had to make couple of passes to get my hair pin straight.


In all fairness to Babyliss pro my GHD has ruined me with its single pass pin straight quality. So overall it took me 20 mins or so to do my entire head of hair. Plates are titanium and I thought it will help in slipping down my hair without my hair getting caught in it or it pulling strands of my hair down. But I was wrong, it pulled my hair a little. I prefer ceramic plates in comparison to titanium.

I am feeling like my thoughts are going all over the place. So to simplify lets try good old Pros & Cons.

Pros:
  1. Light weight
  2. Multiple heat setting
  3. Quick heat up time
  4. Swivel cord
  5. Easy handling 

Cons:
  1. Titanium plates makes hair difficult to slip through plates (my experience)
  2. The outer body gets hot so if you like holding flat iron from its tip while straightening, I suggest wear a heat protecting glove.
  3. It takes minimum 3 passes to come somewhere near pin straight hair
  4. The plates have wider space between them such while clamping flat iron you need to exert pressure to further reduce space between plates.

Well this is my personal experience with this flat iron. So will I ever repurchase it again? No.

Will I recommend this flat iron? Sure. It is a good enough flat iron. And it might work miraculously on someone else.

Will I trade my GHD for it? Never in a million years.

Even if your hair is thin but super kinky or wavy you will have to turn up the heat dial to 40 or above.

Overall rating: 3/5

Ummm..what else? Ohh yaa, I am always on a look out for some new flat irons. I want to try the KQC one. SO has anyone tried it? Leave your comments down below. Also subscribe if you found this review helpful and if no, tell me what else you would like to know about it.


Love..


No comments:

Post a Comment