Wednesday, January 28, 2015

BEST LIP BALM EVER!!!!!!!!!!! - MY TOP 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a lip balm lover/ collector/ hoarder/ appreciator or someone who requires lip balm on an often basis, so it’s natural for me to stumble upon many lip balms while finding the best once out there. Though I am not claiming that the once that I love will work the same way on you nor am I claiming that there is nothing better out there. There might be but I have not crossed path with it as of yet.

My lips often remain chapped and very drying and specifically in winters become overly frosty till the point it starts to bleed, not a pretty image, is it? So often exfoliating it and then moisturizing with a lip balm is crucial. So mentioned below in ascending order are my top 5 lip balms.

Best No. 5 : EOS LIP BALM

EOS lip balm is like a key staple in every girls bag and rightly so because it works great for dry chapped cracked lips. The reason it being on no. 5 has nothing to do with it being not awesome but its just I have few others that either I have used more or is more convenient in terms of application. I have it in 2 flavors: strawberry sorbet and honeysuckle honeydew. If just one flavor that I might recommend it totally will be summer fruit. I don’t have it in my collection as of now but I love that scent. It is creamy but not sticking, thick but not too thick. And the packaging is adorbe!!!

Price: Rs. 550 (in Indian market) and $6-$7 (in international marketing depending on where you buy it from)
Availability: Widely available on Flipkart, snapdeal, ebay and pretty much all online shopping sites. (Internationally: walgreens, walmart, CVS etc)
Qty: 7g
Application: Easy, quick, handy and takes less storage space
Overall rating : 3.7/5

  
Best No. 4: Nivea milk and honey balm

There are many lip balms under Nivea but none of them worked for me and then I stumbled upon this beauty and oh my am I glad!!!!!
I am in complete love this balm firstly for heavenly honey scent and secondly for its feel on my lips. It feels like brushing silk on top of my lips and this is my HG for winters and acute lip temperament.

Price: $2.25 (US pricing), sadly in India this particular balm is available on ebay.in for Rs.915, I know ridiculous but I actually buy in lots from various international sites so I save up on shipping charges.
Availability: In India, Poor.
Qty: 4.8 g
Application: Easy, quick and super soft. Glides like a gel but doesn’t feel sticky at all.
Overall Rating: 4/5



Best No. 3: Smith’s Minted rose lip balm

This definitely goes on top of the ladder for its texture and feeling. Minted rose as name suggest smells like menthol, plain and simple. Feels tingly and cool on lips like menthol and the tingle obviously dials out like after 15-20 mins and it gives the nicest shine to my lips. I often use on top of any lip color and it works like a clear gloss.
It keeps my lips nice and hydrated and does not feel hovering at all. I wont recommend to those who have issue with mint smell or feel. But they do have many different flavors in their collection so try one of those. I would have if not for the giant jar and never ending balm.
Lovely balm!!!

Price: Rs.731 ($5-$7, depending where you get it from)
Availability: Available on luxola.com
Qty: 22g
Application: Bit messy if you don’t like dipping finger into a jar but honestly I don’t mind.
Overall rating: 4.2/5


Best No. 2 : The Body Shop Cocoa Butter lip care stick

Ahhhhh the smell of chocolate and cocoa powder is the core of this baby. I love the smell. Heavenly!!! This is one of my favorite lip balms of all times. I finished more than 2 sticks of it in quite a short time. Consistency is slippery and not at all heavy. Easily glides and its effects remain long after I have forgotten that I applied something on firsthand. If you have a chapped lip which is way beyond manageable then go for this balm. It worked like a charm for my bleeding lips. It makes your lips like baby soft.

Price: Rs. 350 ($8)
Availability: Any body shop outlet
Qty: 4.2g
Application: Stick application. Easy and convenient
Overall Rating: 4.7/5


Best No. 1: Burt’s Bees replenishing lip balm with Pomegranate oil

Hands down my favorite all time beloved lip balm will be Burt’s Bees with pomegranate oil. It smells like herbal tea to me, very exotic and exuberant. The balm is stick application product with a twist up handle many other lip balms. No matter how bad your lip condition is, I can almost guarantee that it will work out for you.

Tip: don’t judge the balm (any balm) after immediate use or even after a night keep but give it 2 weeks minimum because each balm takes time to get use to lip texture and body function.
 
Price: Rs. 425 ($3.30)
Availability: Flipkart, ebay, Sephora and I am pretty sure if you look around you can find it almost anywhere.
Qty: 4.25 g
Application: Easy and convenient

Overall rating :5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment